It is no secret that our main focus at Carter Logistics revolves around Lean Manufacturing principles such as our unique “Every Part, Every Day” Shared Milk Run system. However, we also understand that warehousing still serves a valuable purpose in our customers’™ logistics solutions. Therefore, we now offer warehousing services in multiple locations along the NAFTA Highway all of which provide easy access to interstate, rail, and air transportation. Typically our warehouse services are viewed as an “add-on” service to help meet the needs of special circumstances
• Overseas material or other long lead-time product
• Storage of obsolete products, machinery, or tooling
• Storage of additional safety stock unable to fit in a manufacturing facility
• Sequencing of material to serve as a JIT feeder
• Pick & Pack operations / Kitting
• Re-packaging into returnable containers (or into ocean worthy packaging)
• Vendor Managed Inventory
CUSTOMER-SPECIFIC WAREHOUSE SOLUTIONS
Every customer is faced with their own unique business challenges and thus every customer receives a unique value-added solution. We at Carter Logistics pride ourselves in developing “out of the box” answers for all of our customers’ demands. For example, our WMS software allows for multiple variations of warehouse services:
• Capable of receiving numerous types of data input— X12 EDI, XML, ASCII Text, etc.
• Capable of receiving and transmitting advanced shipping notifications (ASN’s)
• Web-based inventory management
• Ability to update most Business Management Software programs
• Ability to receive products in piece or skid quantities
• Ability to create customer-specific packing slips and documentation
• Flexibility in invoice methods
Click below for details:
Anderson, Indiana (Corporate Headquarters 30 minutes North of Indianapolis)
• 57,000 square feet plus room for expansion
• Secure facility: Internal fencing, sprinkler system, video surveillance and laser-based security system
• Racking and floor load storage options
• Specialized equipment to handle coiled steel
• Heavy duty forklift for machine movement
• Located minutes from Carter Express headquarters for convenient transportation solutions
• 8 overhead dock doors
• Newly built facility as of April 2012
• Up to 30,000 square feet available for warehousing
• Ample dock doors and trailer parking
• Secure facility minutes from Dayton Airport within Free Trade Zone
• 25,000 square feet
• Close proximity to border crossing bridges
• Currently at cross-dock capacity but looking to expand
• 10,000 square feet
Where you need us!
Carter is always open to the idea of developing new warehouse and cross-dock locations in new areas
that meet our customer’s needs. Let us take the responsibility of warehousing off of your plate.
Contact us today to discuss your warehousing needs.
Click here and select “Sales and Marketing” under the subject dropdown.