How can we produce just the right amount of inventory and get it to the customer exactly when they need it? Where can we cut costs and increase margins, allowing further investment in our business and creating greater customer appeal? These are most likely some of the questions you have asked yourself while trying to piece together your supply chain. We can help you with both of these questions and more.
Carter Logistics can help you fit every piece of the supply chain neatly together to create an efficient system that benefits you and your customers. Since 1982, we and our partner carrier, Carter Express, have combined world-class customer service and an unblemished safety record with sound finances and operations; allowing us to remain industry leaders in transportation and supply chain management. We offer solutions that turn waste into untapped profit and expenses into income.
Carter Logistics has the tools to help put you in control of your supply chain and not the other way around. It all starts with our outstanding team and our operational coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our extensive knowledge base in operations and logistics contributes to your supply chain control.
Our expertise in supply chain management can help you:
- Contain and reduce transportation expenses
- Turn inventory into just in time deliveries & reduce labor expenses
- Manage your packaging, warehousing and returnable containers at our cross dock locations
- Manage your schedule concisely and flexibly
- Stay current by utilizing the latest transportation innovations, including “green” solutions
Our delivery windows are routinely met and damaged inventory is no longer an issue when you choose Carter Logistics. As you know, some issues can be more advanced than others.
Some of our other advanced tools include:
- A young, well-maintained fleet of 800+ tractors and over 1600 dry van and refrigerated trailers
- Six cross-dock locations along the NAFTA Highway in Anderson, IN; Romulus, MI; Vandalia, OH; Knoxville, TN; Paragould, AR; and Laredo, TX
- Customized web portals with track and trace visibility down to part-level detail
- Performance monitoring and KPI reporting
- Systemic integration with full EDI capabilities
- State of the art transportation management software (MercuryGate and TMW) as well as an in-house developed warehouse management and scanning system
- Dedicated team of logistics analysts ensuring efficient routing on weekly bases, continuous improvement and cost-saving initiatives
Let us use our knowledge and expertise in supply chain management to ensure that you are in control of your supply chain and not the other way around.